วันพุธที่ 16 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2553

@# Weider X Factor Door Gym



There are some good aspects of this exercise aparatus: The metal brackets and pulleys are very solid. They feel like real gym equipment. The bands are good too.



The huge problem is that the bands on the right and left side don't provide the same resistance. I felt the difference immediately and so I did two tests.



---------------------------------

Test #1:

I stood on a scale and weighed myself. The scale read 258.5 lbs.



Then I moved the scale to the right side of the door and hooked up to the 60 lb band at the bottom right and stood on the scale with the handle as far down as my arms normally hang. The scale read 265.



Then I moved the scale to the left side of the door and hooked up to the 60 lb band at the bottom left and stood on the scale with the handle as far down as my arms normally hang. The scale read 271.



So you can see the band on the right was providing 6.5 lbs of resistance and the band on the left was providing 12.5 lbs of resistance.



So, the band that went to the bottom left was providing TWICE the resistance as the band that went to the bottom right.



---------------------------------

Test #2:

So, then I performed another test and tried hanging 15 lb weights off the bands to see if they would hang the same distance.



The band that went to the upper right (ie bottom left) hung down half way under the weight of the dumbell. The band that went to the upper left (ie bottom right) hung down all the way to the floor and felt like it could go a little farther. So, basically this test confirmed the weighing test. The bands do not provide the same resistance.



---------------------------------

Conclusion:



You could do different exercises using only one band at a time. But if you think you're going to do any exercises with two hands you will not be able to get an even workout, which drastically reduces the usefulness of this product.



I wish I could rate different parts of this product differently. I would rate the design and part quality very high. The anchors are strong and I thought the pulleys were good quality too. The bands themselves provided good resistance throughout the pull and felt like they would last - BUT because the bands on the left and right don't provide the same resistance the product is far less useful than it could be.



I have posted a picture of the weight experiment in the customer images by the product picture with the weights on!



---------------------------------

I tried to contact Weider customer service to explain the issue to them and give them a chance to fix the situation for me so that I could take down this horrible review. However, their website requires a model and serial number to even send them a message. I tried all the numbers I could find on the equipment/boxes. None of them worked(I don't think there even was a serial number on the equipment) and the website would not submit a comment if they weren't valid. So, too bad for Weider, looks like this review is permanent! Returning this product and would advise everyone against purchasing!
(4 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=2.5 / 5.0

More Detail For Weider X Factor Door Gym


  • Total-body training system that's engineered to attach to any standard door
  • Unique design and progressive resistance exceeding 210 pounds promote explosive movements to build strength and add muscle mass
  • Includes two handles, two ankle straps, four connection clips, and resistance bands
  • Comes complete with exercise chart with over 50 body-sculpting exercises, three workout DVDs, and eight-week nutrition guide to help achieve desired results
  • Includes limited lifetime manufacturer's warranty

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น